When you start with Idea usually business owners have a lot of things to do.
Outsourcing this is not an easy tasks that is why we prepared the to-do list which will help you to start your outsourcing journey in Ukraine. If you will not find answers to your questions you can ask our community for help. That could be your first action in finding a good team for outsourcing.
Step 1: Collect the data about the project you want to make
That shouldn’t be 3 sentances about the project. Write as detailed as possible with examples.
If you find a ready projects with some similarities to your idea that would be fantastic. You can organize them in doc file. In each company managers will ask you about details, that file will save you time. How detailed should be a description?
If you can make a specification of the project with the described functionality, you will omit the first phase of the most companies “discovery”, “specification writing” etc in different companies the name is different, but the essence is the same this is a phase where the Business Analyst from the chosen company will make a very detailed description of the project. That usually called requirement specification
Step 2: Start searching for a company
We wrote below methods which you can use to start searching for a company. Each of them has its own benefits and drowback
- Post the project on UpWork
If you don’t want to send multiple emails and you want to start something small. You are looking for a junior specialists, selfemployment freelancers – Upwork is your way.
The drowback of this platform is that your will be spammed with letterst from specialists and sometimes they would be not relevant to what you are looking for.
- Write directly to the companies which you can find on the listing platforms
- Write in the social media that you are searching for a team
Step 3: Communication with the team
After you find few candidates you can organize calls with each of them, or come to Ukraine to meet them which is the best.
Try to get as much information as possible during that period:
- Founders. Who are the founders of the company and when it was founded?
- Company representer. Pay attention to the person which speaks to you. This is a real person and the name and surname is correspond to the person. Don’t speak with people who are speaking from the owner’s name. Very often managers don’t shows their own names and you think that you speak with CTO or with owner of the company, but you speak with the sales manager
- Testimonials. Speak directly to the previous or current clients of the company
- Previous projects. Check live projects, not just the case studies, but the live link to the project
- NDA; Agreements. Ask to write an NDA and after that you can discuss everything
- Hourly rate. Ask what is included to the hourly rate. Do they have limitations for clients?
- Ranges of time rates. Some companies calculate the project manager’s time separately. When they calculate this time separately the time rate for these specialists are different. For example the cost for the web developer will be 40 USD, and the rate for the project manager 30 USD, and for the QA 20 USD. All these affects the whole development cost.